Monday, August 13, 2012

A fast finish!


The last 100 yds Emmy and I ran to the finish.  She told me she wanted to beat me in the race and win "the golden medal"  When we ran to the finish line she was again cheered on by all the students and finished with a present and a "ta da!!"  She was looking for her medal but I found a chocolate chip granola bar that I told her was her prize for now with the medal to come later.  Then once we were home I found an old partipation medal I got for a race and presented that to her.  She was so happy she wore it to bed that night.  She was so proud of her first race!!  Here is also a picture of the Eckert men finishing the race.  I was so happy to show off my family to the students.  I think they enjoyed the race but maybe not as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment