Friday, December 8, 2017

Christmas program fun!

 Bobby's class rang the bell to gather donations this year.  Bobby enjoyed helping.  Later he asked if he could also participate in the food drive at school.  I helped him choose some donations from our pantry.





 Emmy did a fantastic job and had a great time at the school Christmas program - Elflandia.  She had a solo singing part - "They choose diet soda with a big pile of fries."  Our whole family has been singing this line all month as it gets stuck in our heads as she practices.  She is referring to humans and how silly we are.  The elves can't figure us out!  She was really insistent that when a designated number of students run around in the audience to get 'Elfie selfies' with the parents that I make sure to have my camera out and ready to go.  I did get my moment and Emmy was very happy I took a selfie with her classmate.

Today was hat day and the kids had very specific ideas.  Emmy was from France and so she needed an entire ensemble.  Bobby wanted his baseball hat and jersey.  He actually forgot his hat at home but mom saved the day and drove back home and delivered it special to him at school.  When I found him in the hall on his way to deliver his canned goods for donation he was very excited to see me.  He ran into a friend as we were walking together and he told the friend,"This is my mom who brought my hat, she is my angel."  That made the special trip back to school worth every minute.  What a sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment