Friday, June 8, 2018

Medora fun!




 We had a fantastic quick trip to Medora.  Our 4th grader got us into the Theodore Roosevelt National Park for free since there is a special program for kids her age.  She got an official park pass!  We hiked at least 5 different trails all of varying lengths and drove along the 36 mile drive around the South unit of the park.  We saw buffalo, wild horses, prairie dogs, antelope and lots of birds and flowers.


 State flower - prairie rose!
 Bobby was looking for dinosaur bones and fossils and he swears that this is a skull of a dinosaur.  He was very certain so I took this picture for him.







 At the beginning of our adventure hiking the park the kids stopped in to the visitor center to find out about the junior ranger program.  They  had to complete the book with 6 challenges in order to qualify.  The challenges were great and kept the kids engaged.  They turned in their books to the ranger who then asked them questions and officially stamped their books.  They were sworn in as Official Junior Rangers!  They received badges they were very proud of.

























After our hiking we found a homemade ice cream shop and enjoyed a snack.  We showered up at the hotel and then that night we had a great dinner together.  The Medora Musical was next and it was a fantastic show.  I got us seats front and center and the singers were amazing.  They had the kids all come up at one point and practice clogging.  They gave each kid a mini microphone but Bobby missed the hand out.  I saw this and immediately started thinking about how later on they'd want to play pretend and that Bobby would really miss that microphone he didn't get.  SO, because I love him so much.....I marched on down and asked nicely if the stagehand could please give Bobby a microphone.  I think I'd do just about anything to make my kids happy if I can.  The featured act was a juggler with jokes.  Bobby laughed so hard and he loved that juggler.  At the end of the show the cast was in front of the stage and the kids wanted to say hello.  Emmy wanted a picture with the singer from Bismarck and Bobby of course chose the juggler.  He told him, "I loved your juggling act, it was the best part of the whole show!"  We were home very late and since I slept with Bobby....I didn't sleep much at all but it was one of my favorite trips with the kids.  We had such great quality time with them and everything we did went so well.  Family time is the best time.

No comments:

Post a Comment