Monday, October 17, 2011

Fargo trip

My whole family went to Fargo this past weekend for a short get-away. You will notice that there are not pictures and this is not because we forgot the camera but rather that Bobby and I kept my parents SO busy that they didn't have time to take any pictures. We left Friday and I swam and went downt the slides, played on a big pirate ship at the water park that was at the hotel. Mom's good friend Kristen Bratton brought her little girl Olivia and Olivia's dad Mark. I felt very brave after some initial wariness regarding the big slide there. Soon I was telling dad to move aside and not catch me as I jumped into the water (with my life jacket on of course). We had a great time! Mom even brought Bobby into the pool with his little water toy car he rode in. We didn't let mom and dad get very good sleep though. Bobby woke up at 3:30 and I insisted mom or dad sleep in my bed and kicked and punched at them while I slept all night long. Mom and dad woke up tired. Dad went to Grandma June's funeral in the morning and mom was stuck in the room trying to keep Bobby and I entertained in confined quarters. I did get a little more swimming in that morning before dad left and then we attempted to watch a short portion of the Concordia Football game. I yelled loudly, "Go Cobbers" along with the crowd. Mom saw her good friend Sarah Hillman and they got a quick chat in before we headed back home again. I played catch with Mason and a football until I almost ran out onto the field, which signalled our time at the game was over. Mom was pretty bummed she didn't get to stay and go out for drinks with her girlfriends and their hubbies but we were all exhausted. I watched movies on the way home and Bobby napped which made for an easy ride for our parents. Mom's 10 year Cobber reunion didn't go as she planned but all in all she felt happy that 10 years later she has a beautiful family to show for her time since the "college days."

No comments:

Post a Comment