Monday, October 8, 2012

I love Emmy's prayers

Each night that Emmy and I say prayers together brings another story I think I should write on the blog.  Tonight she was saying her own prayer to God and started just talking nonsense.  I interrupted her and told her that God wants to hear about her day and he can't understand jibberish.  She told me that she was trying to make God laugh and asked me if I thought that God was laughing.  Last night she told me I could say my prayer to God first and so I did.  Among the things I said was me asking God to help me be the best person I could be.  Emmy listened really closely and was quiet for a while and then leaned close so our noses were touching and whispered to me, "You can't be the best ever because I am"  You gotta love that self esteem!

No comments:

Post a Comment