Monday, April 11, 2016

Emmy turns 7

 Emmy had an Easter Egg hunt for 15 friends and cousins over her birthday weekend.  She had a blast and so did her friends.  We hid enough eggs for each person to find 15 each....you do the math.  It was crazy and I actually couldn't get any pics of the hunt due to trying to wrangle the craziness.  She had a shopkins ice cream birthday cake (her choice) which she helped me decorate with shopkins.  She showed more than enough enthusiasm (lots of screaming) over the gifts she got from her friends.  They played very hard for the time that they were at the party.
 Robb tried to capture a good picture of Mason showing his genuine disinterest.  Whereas the girls were freaking out over every unwrapped gift, he maintained a steadfast look of boredom although he did stick around to make sure she didn't get any gifts he needed to get excited about.


 The Moldenhauer family (Mason, Cam, Stacy, Chad) got Emmy a new bike and she rode it all weekend.  She loves to ride in our neighborhood with her cousins.

 Emmy told me to stop thinking about her turning 7 since it seemed to make me cry.  I did tell her they were happy tears but they were more like nostalgic tears over how much I've loved every year of her life and how blessed I feel to get to be her mom.  She is unique, fun, sweet, kind and she says the nicest things to me on a daily basis (especially at night during prayers).  There is no one like her and she is one of God's greatest gifts to me and her dad.


We shared a group girl hug to finish off the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment