Friday, June 9, 2017

Carnival time








This week we went to the Carnival which has become an annual thing for us.  Each year the kids are a little bigger but not so big that they don't still want me to ride with them.  Emmy chose a caramel apples with sprinkles for her treat and Bobby got a huge sno cone.  We also went to Raging Rivers and I rode down the slides with them.  Bobby's giggles on the slides were priceless and I appreciated the exercise of carrying multiple inner tubes up MANY stairs to get to the top of the slides.  I was the only old person going down slides but I am always grateful that I am healthy and adventurous enough to join in on the fun.  Emmy got invited a second time this week to go to Raging Rivers which meant Bobby and I took a trip together to get dilly bars.  His melted so fast that half of it fell to the ground but he didn't cry or complain.  A few minutes later as we were walking away he said, "Well mom, this day was kind of good."  I asked why it wasn't great and he told me that the incident with his ice cream put a little bit of a damper on it.  I then told him I would but him a milk shake that couldn't break off and fall to the ground and the day was looking up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment