Friday, May 4, 2018

Last day of AWANA and Bobby's Field trip to the Heritage Center

 Bobby got more awards at AWANA on the last night.  He went to AWANA almost every Wednesday night throughout the year and this was as much a commitment that his dad made as it was Bobby.  Robb drove him back and forth every Wednesday night.  Bobby memorized many Bible verses and became VERY popular amongst the older lady teachers there.  He brought flowers and plants to give to each person who helped him there and volunteered their time.  He had a speech planned as a thank you to each of them.  I was so proud of how he showed his gratefulness to these volunteers.





I volunteered to chaperone Bobby's class trip to the Heritage Center today.  He was able to choose his group and he had told me that he chose Cambryn because no one else is friends with her or chose her.  I thought this was very sweet.  We also had a little girl named Harper who was very well behaved.  We started out the time there just fine although I wondered why Mrs. Reim asked me how Cambryn "was doing" she told me that Cambryn tended to wander.  We got to an exhibit that had an interactive system and a long line.  Cambryn and Bobby took a turn and then wanted to keep going but I asked them to let others have a turn.  Bobby listened by Cambryn started yelling, crying and eventually ran out of the area to the front door of the building.  Once my shock wore off, I asked the other kids to follow me and started chasing her.  I tried to chastise her but she could've cared less about my displeasure on her behavior.  She then started to throw a fit about a new exhibit that was interactive when Bobby and Harper started playing on it too.  I told her she must share and that we could just move on so no fights would begin.  She refused to listen or leave that exhibit so we were basically all stuck there until she decided to move.  I found an aide who I then told we were having some issues and she seemed to relate and validate that it was expected behavior for this girl.....but offered no solution.  About 5 minutes later another aide came and took this girl off my hands, again noting this girl was known for these outbursts and wouldn't be allowed on the next trip.  Mrs. Reim later again told me that this girl was known to act this way.  I asked Bobby about it in private and he told me that "Yes, she does this all the time and that's why no one else chose her to be in their group"  I asked Bobby why he chose the naughty girl for ME to supervise and he told me he was trying to be nice.  What can a mom say to that!?  I am so grateful for my kids....and that I don't have to supervise naughty kids in public often.  Bobby got to choose the restaurant we went to for lunch and he chose his new favorite place....Shogun.  He ate a lot and we enjoyed our time together.  It was a good day and I love that kid so much.  He is a great person and so much fun to hang out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment