Monday, May 20, 2013

Another race and a trip to the ranch for the kids


Here are some pictures from the Fargo 2013 half marathon.  I ran 1 hour 35 minutes but had to stop twice to tie shoes, got side ache at mile 5 and ran most of the race in humid, rainy, windy conditions.  Although it wasn't a PR it was still a good time and I'm blessed to have God give me the ability to run like this.  Robb cheered me on and supported me once again.  We had a little trip together as I also did site visits while in Fargo.  The kids had a great time with their Eckert grandparents on Thursday night making 'dirt cake.'  Then my parents got them for the rest of the weekend and they had an awesome time at the ranch.  Bobby drove tractor and he has told me several times that he "drove the tractor REAL fast!'  He wore his cowboy hat and boots and was often looking for grandpa. He told grandma he "had to go find grandpa Kelly and help him"  On Sunday once he got home he told me several times that he wanted to 'play ranch' with his plastic farm set.  Emmy stayed busy too while there helping grandma.  She picked me flowers and told me all about a butterfly she saw out there.  We brought them back paint sets and Emmy finally got a jacket with little holes for the thumbs that she has been asking for (since Mommy has them).

No comments:

Post a Comment