Friday, August 17, 2018

Family vacation

 Crayola Experience
 We left Sunday after the kids finished up their soccer camp at U Mary.  We were on the road by 3:30 and made it to Alexandria to start our summer vacay.  The next day we went to the Crayola Experience.  There was hours of fun and creativity to be had here.  We played with clay, made our own crayons and had fun in the interactive exhibits.






We also rode a few rides at Nickelodeon Universe.  We had to talk Emmy into the roller coaster (Bobby went twice) but our most fun time was spent on the log cabin ride.  You can see from our faces we all had different reactions while on this ride.
We stayed at Great Wolf Lodge and so that night the kids had a couple hours to go crazy on the water slides and surf on the wild wave ride.  They were actually very good at surfing.  Bobby completely lost his swim trunks, which made me laugh so hard.  It didn't phase him though, he pulled them back up and kept on going!  Valleyfair was the next day and it wasn't very busy.  Bobby loved ALL the rollercoasters and Emmy almost always needed to be talked into the rollercoaster ride.  Once on, she loved it but the pep talks made Robb and I cranky.  We didn't last the entire day at Valleyfair.

 We had great tickets to the Twins game that night!  That was fun!  They played the Pirates and won the game.  We all enjoyed the ballpark food and our time together there.  Emmy and I had gotten matching Twins tanks at the MOA for really cheap so we were all good Twins fans.



 It got to be a late night and on the way home our greatest Twins fan ended up zonking out in the car.  It was a long, busy day and the vacay got the best of him.








 Emmy and Bobby suited up the next morning to be on the obstacle course at Great Wolf Lodge.  They had no fear and enjoyed the challenge.  Then our entire family rode the slides in the water park before we took off for home.  We spent a few hours going on the family innertube waterslide.  The kids loved it and staying at this hotel was a highlight for them.
 Recently I've been letting BOTH kids sleep in bed with me instead of having the alternate on Robb's softball nights.  I decided life is short and they soon won't want to sleep with me so this way I get the time with both of them while it lasts.  Last night, I got this picture of them sleeping before I turned in for bed.  What sweet, beautiful angels they are.  I feel so blessed!
We officially completed our checklist this summer!  We have enjoyed a great summer of fun and memories together.  I love my extra time with the kids in the summer and I'm so thankful for these moments we get to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment