Friday, June 21, 2013

Family dance party


 We were invited to a family dance party at the Stenberg's.  It was a great time!  Robb had softball so it was just me and the kids.  There was popcorn and orange soda....you can see Bobby is wearing most of his soda.  He would alternate between taking breaks to eat his popcorn and dancing.  He sticks fairly close to mom when around strangers but Emmy goes right up to other kids (and adults) to start conversations and dance.  She danced around like crazy and really enjoyed herself.  When it was time to go we had practiced what mom would consider a good exit strategy and much to my surprise the kids did great and were so good about leaving to go home.  We also had gone to a play park earlier in the day and I had told Emmy she wasn't allowed to climb over the top of a barrier I determined unsafe.  All the other kids were encouraging her to do this and were doing it themselves but I heard Emmy tell them several times, "no, I can't do that"......I felt so proud that without having to raise my voice or add a consequence she just listened so well to what I asked of her.  I'm sure it will always be this way.....:)


No comments:

Post a Comment