Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Emmy' class trip to the pumpkin patch with daddy as chaperone













Emmy's class trip to the pumpkin patch was today.  Robb offered to chaperone and he was put in charge of Emmy, her friend Olivia and two other boys (that he said were much harder to track).  I had packed Emmy a sack lunch and Robb said that she ate that very fast.  She bought a pumpkin with her dollar, played hard and really enjoyed herself.  Emmy  had a great day because she also got a surprise morning visit from her Grandma Launa.  My mom offered to help out in Emmy's classroom on Wednesday mornings.  She was waiting in Emmy's room when Emmy arrived.  Emmy was very happy to see her and told her teacher and grandma that she had guessed the surprise was grandma but her mommy told her no.  That isn't entirely true though it is very close.  On the way to school today Emmy was guessing what the special surprise waiting for her in the classroom would be.  Her first two guess were way off and so I didn't think our game could ruin the surprise.  She guess that the surprise was daisies, a statue of her and her friends and then the third guess was that it would be her grandparents.  I told her no because technically not ALL her grandparents were there.  Then I told her we'd better discontinue this game so as to keep the surprise special.  While Emmy was waiting for me to finish getting ready she made a picture of the ranch and then on her own spelled out "A BRN" by the barn.  She came to show me and I helped her add the A to barn.  She then put it in her backpack so she could give it to Mrs. Vollmers.  She was very proud of her spelling.  Grandma Launa told me she listens well and is the smartest in her class......I'm sure that is an unbiased opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment