Monday, June 22, 2015

A great week for all of us





We had a fantastic week this past week.  We spent most days having fun - swimming of course, going to a movie together and then soccer, T-ball...the list goes on!  I graduated from my Women's Leadership Program and my boss - Mary Dockter and my mom came to watch me graduate (I gave Robb a pass on that one).  This past weekend we all did the walk to support blood cancers.  We wore stickers that said we were in support of Grandpa Bob.  I also ran the 5K and WON!!!!  I got first prize which was a Scheel's 25$ gift card and finished in about 20 minutes (6 min 40 sec miles for 3.1 miles).  It was fun to cross the finish line and break the ribbon.  I finished the race and then caught up with the family who had started the 5K walk.  The kids were so excited to hear that I won, especially Emmy who told me several times she thought I was awesome.  God has blessed us with good health and family time and we make the most of every minute.
Bobby wanted to run it in and beat the people ahead of us.  He and I passed many people holding hands and then Emmy caught up and asked to join us crossing the finish.  I love that they are getting into the spirit of these races we do as a family.  I hope they develop a love for all things active like I have.  Robb came up closely behind us....he wasn't much for the running it in idea!
 
If the weather is above 70 degrees, the Eckerts are in the pool.  Every once in a while the kids get worn out and I get some extra poolside cuddles!

No comments:

Post a Comment