Monday, March 4, 2019

Our boy turns 8!

 Emmy and Bobby dressed up last week as storybook characters for school.  Emmy came up with the idea for "Fancy Nancy" and Bobby was a StarWars character.  It was reading month and the PTO at Centennial challenged the students to build a reading fort at home.  Our kids not only built a HUGE fort but then read on top of it.  BTW....this is STILL a HUGE mess in my basement.

 Emmy's team had their last hockey tournament this past weekend.  They finished with a shoot out win.  Emmy got the MVP hustle award one of the games!  She worked so hard the entire tournament.



 Bobby made me a special note.  He told me the teacher said they could color/draw or play and even though his friends were begging him to play he chose to make this for me.  I had twice surprised him by showing up in the middle of his swimming lesson.  The 2nd graders got to go to the Y 3 times to swim as part of a BPS program.  Bobby was in the advanced group learning to backstroke.  He was so happy to see me there that he ran up and kissed me on the cheek and said out loud, "I love you mom!"  I hope I get a few more years where he is unashamed to show public affection to his mom.

 Our boy became an 8 year old this past Sunday!  He spent the morning making circuits like a smart pants.  His party was an indoor soccer party.  The kids had a great time and there were no major injuries.





 Vanilla on vanilla cupcakes for this boy!



 His girlfriend made them both special shirts!  Bobby made sure to pick Keira on his soccer team each time they played.  They did request to take this picture in the hallway.....so they do like their love to remain private.

Robb did a great job keeping up with these boys and denying shots on goal to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment