Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bobby finally gets to enjoy his 1st birthday cake!





















Finally after over a week of delaying his first bites of cake due to he and Emmy having a bad flu....Bobby finally got his first taste of cake! He loved every bite. There was no need to coax

or convince him to try. We didn't have to dip a finger in for him or try a bite first....no he just dove right in and made a mess. He made sure to get as much cake in his mouth as possible. A special thanks to Brandi Bear who bought this special cake for him. Tomorrow evening the Moldenhauer family and Grandma Pearl are coming over for dinner to help celebrate too. So Bobby didn't really get a big blow-out first birthday party....but he got a lot of little ones over the past week and he got many birthday wishes from us all. He is loved. What a great year we have had with Bobby in our family. He is precocious, honery, adorable, mischevious, sweet, busy, strong and completely lovable. He is a true Eckert boy. Tonight when I fed him a bottle before bed and then was rocking him I asked him if he would share some birthday boy kisses with me. I ask him for kisses a lot and I probably get him to give them to me about two times a day (I ask about 20 times a day). He is stingy with his kisses but always gives them if he is just seeing me after I've been running errands or when I get him from daycare. He also gives them when it is just him and me and he is in a good mood. Tonight thought when I asked I got about 5 in a row and they were kisses that I felt really meant, "I loooove you!" They each lasted about 5 second each with him pressing his little baby mouth onto mine. Then when he finished he giggled. I just felt so loved by my boy.....someday these type of kisses won't be appropriate I suppose. For now, I will just enjoy all the hugs, kisses and cuddles that I can talk my little blessings into giving to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment