Friday, June 13, 2014

Safety Village graduation








Robb and I along with Bob and Candy attended Emmy's Safety Village graduation and performance.  The kids did skits, sang songs about safety and then walked through to get their diploma.  Emmy was excited to see all of us and kept waving, blowing kisses and I heard her tell her friend next to her, "Hey, that is my mommy" while pointing at me.  She was so cute up there and animated.  She was in the train skit.  We were proud of our friendly, cute, sweet little Emmy.

Yesterday I took the kids to the park and Emmy ran right over to a little girl with red hair and said, "I just love your pretty red hair!" the girl thanked her and then Emmy said,"Hi, nice to meet you I am Emmy!" and they became fast friends. I told Emmy later that I really liked how she complimented her new friend and that starting out with a nice compliment is a great way to make a new friend.  She told me that yes, she knew this!

No comments:

Post a Comment