Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Springtime fun









Basketball continued this week.  Robb told me that Emmy (my little perfectionist) gets frustrated when she can't quite get the hang of basketball skills her team is working on.  Bobby is literally a comedic routine out there on the court.  He is in constant motion and is very friendly and outgoing to his team.  He tried to follow directions but I often have to coax him back on the court in the right direction as he tends to wander.  The kids were told to partner up and when all the Pre-K aged kids were partnered Bobby was left without one so the coach's son (who is about 13) agreed to partner with Bobby (who is the youngest one out there).  I wondered how this would go since the kids was twice Bobby's size.  Sure enough the first bounce pass the kid threw at Bobby smacked him square in the face.  That had to have hurt and Bobby looked like he might cry....but he didn't.  He told me he was very tough and then started bounce passing with his partner (who decided to take it easy on Bobby and threw with a lot less force after that).  When I bounce passed with Bobby he would laugh and giggle every time he caught the pass.  It was very sweet.  He also takes numerous breaks to shout to me watching near by - "Mommy I love you!" and to come over to give me kisses.  Later on he was told to play defense and guard his huge partner.  He did his job and stayed on that boy like his shadow.  It was so funny to watch him attempt to guard the boy and as you can see from the pictures the bigger boy was largely unaffected by Bobby's guarding skills.

Last weekend on Saturday we had a great day of outdoor fun.  I started the day riding in the GABR charity event.  1000 riders and I placed 3rd.....men and women combined.  So that felt pretty good!  I beat all my students who were riding on a team so this old woman still has some skills.  We went to the park later on and Bobby pretended that he was a transformer on the playground.  Emmy is a really great climber and she makes new friends easily.  Bobby almost got into a fight because he felt that some little girl was picking on Emmy.  We of course got frozen yogurt later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment