Friday, April 3, 2015

Emerson Eckert is now a 6 year old

I was feeling very nostalgic today with my little Emmy turning 6.  She was armed with Frozen princess themed cupcakes for daycare (since it was Good Friday and there was no kindergarten).  She celebrated yesterday at school.  She chose to have a 15 minute dance part (over other choices of extra recess or play time) and we purchased a Shopkins supermarket shopping game for her classroom (again her choice on that one).  She got to bring sugar for the snack choice and she chose fruit snacks.  She also told me she wore a crown all day long.  She wanted McDonald's happy meals for her birthday dinner and so I made sure that happened.  Tomorrow she invited 13 of her friends (including Bobby and cousins) to the gymnastics academy for another Frozen themed party.  I showed her pictures of us meeting on the day she was born and made sure she knew how wanted by us and her whole family she was and how excited we were to meet her.  I told her all about that day but words can't really express how much joy and love she brought into our lives on that day.  I can honestly say I've never had a bad, sad or depressed day since the day I found out I was pregnant with her.....it is hard to have a bad day when you've got a sweet, thoughtful little lady at home who spends so much of her day telling me se loves me or what a great mom I am.  There just is no person out there that is as smart, sweet, outgoing or loving as our Emerson.  I love her with my whole heart as does daddy and Bobby.  Bobby wanted to help me carry out her presents this morning and she was opening them he exclaimed, "Emmy, I am SO EXCITED for you, I AM SO HAPPY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment