Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Amusement park, last day of tennis, 4th of July fun!


We checked another item off of our summer checklist at the amusement park.  Last year Bobby got to the top of the rock wall but couldn't quite ring that bell.  His first time up was a challenge as he had to figure out his footing.  I cheered and gave him pointers from the ground and he made it up that time and 4 more times afterwards at then record speed.  He was so proud of himself and I loved how he never gave up.  Later I overheard him telling his dad, "It was hard dad but mom kept encouraging me and then I just could do it!"



Another source of excitement was that Bobby is now tall enough for bumper cars!  All three of us rode them and had a great time.

Up in the clouds on the ferris wheel, love these two so much!

We had soccer that night so we had a picnic lunch before we headed there.  We found a spot in the shade and at our sandwiches.

The kids really learned a lot at tennis lessons.  On the last day they had water games and Bobby won a game where he had to dodge tennis balls and not get hit.  His reward was to pick a tennis coach and pop a water balloon over their heads.  He loved that and it took him no time at all to soak his coach with water.  Later that afternoon after another picnic we met our friends at the Fort Lincoln Trolley.  We ate snacks on the way.

When we arrived the tour guide asked if we were from a daycare since we had a lot of kids with us.  Even though we were not a daycare he opened up some of the Indian lodges and gave us a lesson on all the tools and artifacts.  The kids asked great questions and it was so fun to see their curiosity.

The 4th of July weekend was full of great memories.  The kids and Grandma Launa and I went to the art in the park in Mandan.  We attempted to go the Mandan depot which had Native American goods and there was a strong sage smell.  Bobby whispered to me that it smelled and he wanted to go back outside, Emmy agreed and I was happy to leave the depot to avoid that smell.  When my mom came back out she told me that the lady in the depot told her that anyone who thinks sage smells bad has negative energy.  That made me laugh.  Poor Bobby and his negative energy......he is doomed I guess.

We went to the parade on the 4th and it was HOT!  Luckily I saved the day and waited in the long line for Dairy Queen while we waited for the parade to start.  The kids got a good amount of candy but more importantly I watched them share with kids that were smaller, younger and had a more difficult time grabbing the thrown candy.  I was very proud of how generous and sweet they were to others.  That night we sat out on the deck with our grandparents and watched the fireworks and enjoyed the view.





No comments:

Post a Comment