Monday, December 5, 2011

Having a great time outside





This past weekend dad and I got all bundled up and headed outside to shovel the driveway and play in the snow. I loved it! I especially liked to gather up the snow and throw it at dad and mom (who was watching us and taking pictures from the window). I helped dad shovel for a while and then mom thought I was getting too cold and wanted me to come inside. Bobby and I watched dad finish up from inside the house through our front door window. Bobby likes to ring the jingle bells we have hanging on our door.
Later on I heard mom and dad discussing the day and I overhead my name mentioned. I marched right into the kitchen with my hands on my hips and said to mom, "Hey - what are you talking about me now?" she thought I was pretty funny.
I'm really enjoyed the "Elf on the Shelf" book my mom bought. Each night we read the book and I tell the Elf what I want him to tell Santa - usually this includes my many gift requests. The Elf then goes to the North Pole overnight and in the morning I look around our house until I find him. He is always in a new place! He then sits up on our mantel for the rest of the day and watches Bobby and me to make sure we are good all day long. This is hard for me and many times I look up at the Elf in frustration as I try hard to be a good girl. I really am pretty well behaved but I have a hard time sharing with my brother sometimes and I am also annoyed that he is always following me and trying to crawl on me and take my blanket. It seems like that darned elf is always looking when I tell Bobby "No" or try to take a toy away. Many times mom sees me look at the Elf after being not so nice to Bobby and then quickly apologize to Bobby. Sometimes I will just double check with mom to hear if she thinks I've been a good girl....she says yes and then I make sure the Elf knows about this report. I will make sure mom takes some pictures of our Elf which I have names "Elf."

No comments:

Post a Comment