Thursday, September 25, 2014

A busy, fun filled weekend of racing, parades and friends









 We had a VERY busy weekend.  It started with the mini marathon.  The kids were excited to race, win medals and get their race shirts.  They ran around afterwards with their friends.  Emmy ran into one of her favorite girlfriends there - Shacey.  The next morning I ran the half and placed second in 1 hour 35 minutes.  It wasn't my best time this year but it was good enough to get 2nd overall, 1st for my age division.  I was in the paper in the coverage with the winner saying she felt "stalked" by me and that it was nice to see some new, young females coming up in racing.  I thought it was great to be described as young ;)  My female relay team also placed first and that was really fun to do as well.  After the race I jogged to my car, changed clothes and drove to capitol to meet Emmy at her parade float by 9:40 (the race started at 7:30 so it was tight). I walked behind as a chaperone on the parade route.  She was dressed all in white with the other dancers on her team and they were all singing to "Let it Go" from the frozen movie, throwing glitter and handing out snow balls to the crowd.  She waved and yelled out to friends and people she recognized and I got teary eyed watching her be so happy and excited up there.  Bobby was there with Grandpa/Grandma Eckert and the Lovdal boys.  He enjoyed the parade as well.  Later on she met up with Shacey and they went to the Apple Fest and had a great time together.  Bobby went swimming in the pool.  My relay team and I claimed our awards up on the podium.  I missed the ceremony for the half but my friend who is also the race director had saved my medal and my winners' jacket.  My relay team also got winners' jackets and we went out for an afternoon drink while waiting for the awards ceremony to begin.  Robb and I met up with my relay team, their husbands and some other friends later that night.  My friend Heather got second (to me) in our age division and ran a PR so we took a celebratory pic together.

No comments:

Post a Comment