Tuesday, July 3, 2012

 Grandma Launa, Emmy, Bobby and I went to the Heritage Center.  Bobby and Emmy were really excited to see all the animals.  They talked to the animals and pointed with excitement.
 I asked Emmy if she wanted to smell the buffalo (there is an exhibit where you can open a flap and then smell the buffalo scent.  She was so excited and I could tell that she thought they would likely smell very nice.  Her face was one of disgust mixed with surprise.......the facial expression for "What the heck mom!"  Now, yes this may have been mean to do to a toddler but if you grow up in Bismarck you must have an experience with smelling the buffalo at the Heritage Center.  Robb and I both have our own stories of this while traveling with our classes in grade school.  I wish I would have taped her initial reaction but the follow up description of the experience is almost as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment